Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Multi-cultural Fun

The Multi-cultural Festival was on in The Bay today, so Adoring Husband and I drove in to check it out.

The parade started at 10am, so we made sure we were there for that.  One of the photos on my list is 'A Parade'.

A Parade - Photo 75 of 104 (Colombian Dancers)
The Polish Dancers
It was just like the Olympic Games' opening ceremony with a person walking in the lead of each group, holding a sign with the name of the country.

The costumes and traditional dress were so colourful and the people participating in the parade were all so happy - even though there was a light rain falling and the clouds were dark and heavy above.

The parade didn't last very long.  There were about 20 countries in all.

Then we headed over to the market stalls.  Another photo on my 104 list is 'A Colourful Market Stall'.

A Colourful Market Stall - Photo 76 of 104
There were lots of stalls, but the best were the food stalls.  Thai, Spanish, Japanese, Greek, German, Polish, to name a few.

I tried the Mexican because they had gluten-free soft corn tacos.  The tacos had been freshly made that morning and I had chicken with coriander and lime salsa and the 'secret recipe' chilli sauce.  O-M-G to die for!!

Then we got a coffee from Lisiana's mobile van, which was delicious.

We were there for about an hour and a half.  There was entertainment happening throughout the day, but we decided to head off.

We met Vegan Chickie and Chicklet for a drink so that I could give them some mail that I'd forgotten to take yesterday.  It was nice to have a quick catch up with them.  Three days in a row!!

Then it was time to come home.

The Childer's Multi-cultural Festival in July is much bigger and brighter than the one in The Bay, but it was still a nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

Seventeen more sleeps til my holiday ... but who's counting??

Nite all.

No comments: