Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Remember the 70s?

I've just spent quite a bit of time on facebook talking to an old work mate about the 70s.

Her status update read "Contemplating ... what was my favourite song from the 70s.  What a classic time.  I'm going to start with my favourites ... feel free to share yours".

Ah the memories!

  • Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin 1971)
  • American Pie (Don Mclean 1972)
  • Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd 1975)
  • Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen 1975)
  • Khe Sanh (Cold Chisel 1978)
  • My Sharona (Knack 1979)
  • Imagine (John Lennon 1971)
  • You've Got A Friend (Carol King 1971)
  • Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John 1973)
  • Heart of Gold (Neil Young 1972)
  • Black Betty (Ram Jam 1977)
  • Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd 1974)
  • Hotel California (The Eagles 1976)
  • Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac 1979)
... and the list goes on and on.  The best era EVER for music!

What a great trip down memory lane.

A funny thing happened today in my facebook 104 challenge group.

One of the things on the list is 'A Nude Human'.  A few of us have taken the easy option and posted photos of nude babies and there has been lots of discussions on how to go about asking people to be nude subjects.

So it has been a hot topic and most of us are leaving it til last, trying to work out what to do.

Anyway, today I posted a photo of some mushrooms, using my new lens ...

The Mushroom Trail
... and after yet another discussion about nudes, one of my flickr friends made an addition to the photo and posted this ...
For those of you who don't know him ... that's my Adoring Husband's head.
I couldn't stop giggling!

So today has been a bit of cyber fun.

One more funny photo to finish off ...


I think one of our chooks has a calcium deficiency!

Enough frivolity for one day.

Nite all.

No comments: