Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Still Wide Angling

Firstly a couple of photos from the pier yesterday.



It doesn't look THAT windy does it?!

I had a good morning with the camera today, but I STILL don't have anything for the flickr group monthly challenge.  Tomorrow is the closing date, so I really have to get cracking!






These are my wide angle shots from today, but none good enough for me to choose for the challenge.

An idea was suggested to me by one of the flickr group members today, which I am going to try tomorrow.  Hopefully, it will be a success and I can use it in the challenge.

The caravan parks are beginning to fill up with tourists.  The school holidays begin at the end of this week and my lovely little town is going to be turned upside down with the Easter Fishing Classic crowds.

If I recall correctly, the population triples at Easter.

Ugh!

So I guess tomorrow will be one more day of wide angling, finishing off the March Photo a Day challenge and after that, concentrating a little harder on the 104 challenge.

Thirteen more sleeps til the holiday begins!

Nite all.

 

No comments: