Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 30, 2012

In the nick of time.

I spent all afternoon trying a gozillion different ideas for the challenge and none of them were quite right.  There was always something just a little bit off and I was getting more and more frustrated as time was running out fast.

Adoring Husband was being anything but Adoring, so I had a little tantrum and took an enforced break from the job at hand.

Very sad that something that I love so much should be causing me such angst!

First attempt:

Adoring Husband balancing on a golf ball.

Second attempt:
Adoring Husband sitting on a bongo drum with a green lady.
Third and final attempt:

Adoring Husband trapped in a wine glass.
This is about when my brain started to hurt and I just had to make do, because I didn't want to have to think about it anymore!

There were other less successful attempts in between these, that aren't even worth sharing.

So, thank goodness, that challenge is now over.  This one will not be judged by our tutor, but will be judged by our peers.

I'll let you know the result on Sunday (I think).

Tonight, about ten minutes after Adoring Husband went to bed, he suddenly burst out of the bedroom door, naked, and carrying something large and black in his hands.

I called out "What are you doing?" and he replied "The TV just blew up!"

At that moment I could smell that horrible toxic burning chemical smell.

I called out "Yes, but what are you doing?" and he replied "I don't want a fire to start in the bedroom!"

"So do you think it's a good idea to carry a burning television through the house with your bare hands and while naked????"

Luckily the TV was not burning and Adoring Husband was not injured in this particular story, however, the smell permeated through the house.  Ugh.

Also luckily, there is a strong cool breeze blowing tonight so it carried the horrible smell out of the house quickly.

So that was a little bit of excitement for the evening and now he has taken the TV from the outdoor area and set it up in the bedroom to replace the broken one.

Tomorrow is Chicklet day, so it's time for me to get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: