Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Not Churchy!

Tonight, my X-mother-in-love (or Grannymus as she calls herself when commenting on my blog) and I had a little email chat to catch up on some news.

Just when I thought we were finished for the night, she sent one last message...

"One thing on your blog made me laugh in a knowing (smarty pants) sort of way.  It was your
comment that you are not religious.  I would agree if you said you weren't 'churchy' but I
reckon you ARE religious or you wouldn't go sitting waiting to see a particular bird while
being bitten by insects......  You have a very reverent attitude to beauty and find it in all
sorts of places and to me that means you ARE religious. Particularly when I see what captures
your imagination.

signed smarty pants :-)"

This was in relation to a recent post where I talked about my maniac bus driver who caused me to pray that I would arrive at my destination safely - and where I cited that I was not religious, but still, I prayed.

Coming from Grannymus, I take this as a huge compliment and in future, I will replace my 'I am not religious' statement with 'I am not churchy'.  :oD

The final four photos from the March Photo a Day challenge...

28. Trash
29. Feet
30. Toy
(A special tribute to Bubbles AND Chicklet, who both love ducks!)
31. Where I relax
April Fools Day tomorrow and the start of a new challenge.

It's also one of my boys' (from the Seat of Knowledge) birthday tomorrow.  April Fools day is such an appropriate date for his birthday .. and I mean that in the nicest way ;)

I had a lovely couple of hours with Chicklet and Vegan Chickie this morning.  Vegan Chickie was feeling a bit exhausted after Chicklet had a restless night.   Even though Chicklet was very tired and grumpy today, she still had trouble falling asleep for her nap.  Maybe a bit over-tired.  I have trouble sleeping when I am over-tired too!

Even when she is tired and grumpy, she is still the most adorable child ever!  In between her grumps, appear the most vibrant and beautiful smiles.

No photos taken today though.  Not of Chicklet and none outside the house.  My day was feeling so incomplete, that I got my camera out at 8pm and took two shots (toy and trash) for the last of my March challenge photos.

Now I can sleep in a 'not churchy' kind of way, knowing that I have fulfilled my psychotic photographic requirements for the day!

Nite all. 

No comments: