Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blog Spot - The Little Gnome

I asked the birthday boy some questions, telling him that he would be the star of my blog post tonight.

I think he was a bit chuffed, until we got part way through the questions and he realised that he had to put his thinking cap on and it wasn't going to be as easy as he thought!

So The Little Gnome turned 78 years of age today.


Here are the answers to his questions:

Q.  Where were you born?
A.  Cecil Plains QLD (45 kms south of Dalby) in 1934

Q. What was your main occupation?
A.  Rodent Control Operator (Rat Catcher)

Q.  When did you move to Burrum Heads?
A.  2006

Q.  Favourite food?
A.  Roast Pork - especially the crackling.

Q.  Favourite music?
A.  Country and Western.

Q.  Favourite movie?
A.  Australia

Q.  What was the last book that you read?
A.  I don't read books.  I read the newspaper every day.

Q.  What are you most afraid of?
A.  snakes, frogs and toads.

Q.  What are you really good at?
A.  Wheeling and dealing.  I buy used machinery like lawn mowers, fix them up and sell them.

Q.  What do you do for fun?
A.  Come down to the Seat of Knowledge every morning.

Q.  Not counting your children, what is your greatest achievement?
A.  My charity work.   (The Little Gnome has received two awards for charity work)

Q.  If you were going to get a tattoo, what would you get and where would you get it?
A.  I already have wolves all over my body.  I guess I'd get another wolf on one of my butt cheeks  because that's the only spot left!

Q.  What country would you most like to visit?
A.  New Zealand.

Q.  What famous person, dead or alive, would you most like to meet?
A.  Drew Barrymore.

Q.  You're having a dinner party for ten.  Five family or friends and five famous people.  Who would you invite?
A.  Friends - Roz, Hilda, Robyn, Ray and Merv.  Famous - Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Alfie Langer and Wally Lewis.

Q.  If you had the power, what one thing would you do to try to save the planet?
A.  Stop destroying rainforests.

Q.  Who do you most admire and why?
A.  My Grandson, for his achievements.  Rising above his background, getting a good education and working his way up through the ranks.

Q.  Scrunch or Fold?
A.  Fold

The Little Gnome struggles with his literacy skills, so I wrote his answers out for him and I gave him no warning about my little questionnaire, so sitting in front of all of his friends and having to answer twenty questions off the top of his head, was a big stretch for him.

I've warned my other boys that they are next, so they'd best get their thinking caps on!

Today, Adoring Husband was working in the yard and cleaning up behind the shed.

He found some eggs and all but one of them was broken ...


I posted it onto the flickr group and one of the girls thought it was a gecko egg.  It's very cute :D

I did go for a ride this morning and it really was a glorious day.  The sun was shining, the sky was a vivid blue, there was a nice cool breeze and there were lots of bird sounds everywhere.

The tide was out, so I walked out along the sand flats and spent about 40 minutes exploring the rock pools, following the oyster catchers and chasing soldier crabs.

I took quite a few photos, but none of them were really worth sharing.  The light just was too bright!

Still, it was a most pleasurable morning and sunshiny days have been rare so far this year, so I soaked it up.

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: