Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Full House

From midday Easter Saturday and Sunday, the Easter Fishing Classic run raffles for four hours.  Tickets are $2 each and the prizes are big fishing eskies, crab pots and other assorted fishing paraphernalia.

Also, when you register for the fishing competition, you are issued with a numbered tag, which you wear around your neck on a lanyard.  Those numbers are announced throughout the afternoon and other prizes are issued.

The Lions Park fills quickly and it becomes quite festive as portable gazebos are erected, picnic blankets are laid out, barbecues are fired up, eskies are iced up and filled with refreshments and folding chairs are arranged in social circles.

The announcer with the microphone entertains the crowd as if some big TV producer or Entertainment Manager is in the crowd ready to give him his big break!

The club members all scurry around in their official uniforms, selling tickets, issuing prizes, cooking hamburgers and making cups of tea and coffee.  Handing out free stubby holders, hats and t-shirts.  Weighing the fish as the contestants bring their catches in with hopeful anticipation.

So many people, so many kids, so much noise and activity.

I spent 2 hours in the midst of it all at lunch time today.  Not many of the local crowd turned up, so it was an intimate little group and Adoring Husband met us down there after he finished golf.

It was good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine.  It was also good to catch up with a couple of friends who we haven't seen since New Years Eve.

My cold seems to be trying to take a strong hold ... but I am fighting it with every ounce of my being!

I did manage to get another photo for my 104 list, which now leaves just 24 photos to complete the list.

Ice Cream Van - Photo 80 of 104
It's taken me 3 months instead of 404 days ... but it really is time to focus fully on the Art Deco project.

Two games of football tonight and Adoring Husband's team had a strong win.  It's shaping up to be a good year for the Cronulla Sharks, which in turn makes for a very happy husband.

Time for me to hit the hot lemon and honey and climb into bed.

If I thought it was busy today, it will definitely be a full house tomorrow when they announce the winners of the fishing comp categories and then draw the big raffle prizes, which include a boat!

I reckon I'll be avoiding that part of town and tending to my own health in a big way.

Nite all.  

No comments: