Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Pretty Good Friday

I woke before the sun this morning.  I also slept poorly because, in the back of my mind, I knew I needed to wake up early ... you know that feeling.

So Adoring Husband drove me out to Serenia Beach and then, because it was still dark, he walked me down to the beach.  There are a lot of strangers in town, so for safety reasons, he stayed with me until it got a bit lighter and I felt safer.

The sky was completely clear except for a small bank of cloud right on the horizon.

In case you don't know, there needs to be cloud or dust or fog or smog or smoke or 'something' for a sunrise/sunset to be colourful.

My sunrise was less than spectacular, but there was a moment when a tiny patch of colour appeared way off on the horizon.

I made the most of it, but even though the sunrise was disappointing, the morning was glorious and it was lovely to watch the light changing, the tide coming in and smelling the fresh clean air.




We drove home and before I rode off on my trike, I squeezed some lemon juice into a glass of water and drank it.  Adoring Husband asked me if I was ok and wondered if I had a sore throat (because that's usually the only time I drink lemon juice).  I told him that I was fine.

I was lucky enough to get a couple of photos for my 104 list this morning and I was surprised that the crowds weren't bigger at the park.

A Person in Uniform - Photo 78 of 104 (Ambulance Officer)
Kids at a Skate Park - Photo 79 of 104
Apparently there were record 'pre'- registrations for the fishing competition this year and there has even been talk of 10,000 visitors coming to town this weekend!!

Well, they hadn't arrived by 9am this morning.

I found my way home by 9am because I was beginning to feel unwell ... believe it or not, my throat was beginning to feel scratchy and my joints were aching somewhat!  Had I experienced some intuition about my body?

So I had some honey and went to bed for two hours.

Now I'm sneezing, have a leaky nose and my throat is still a bit funny ... so I won't be visiting my Chicklet tomorrow :(  Don't want to be passing nasty germs onto her ... although it's possible that by drinking the 'baby backwashed' bottle of water that she shared with me on Tuesday, SHE may have passed the germs on to ME!

It feels weird to be sick.  I was quite sick with a bad dose of the flu last year in July.  Let's hope I can ward this off before it sets in.  Especially because I am leaving for my holiday on Tuesday!

So Good Friday has been pretty good.  I didn't get to photograph the moon rising, but I can try for that tomorrow, if I'm feeling ok.

I think I can find my way to bed early tonight and sleep the bad germs away.

Nite all.

No comments: