Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Therapist

The Sex Therapist lived in this town when Adoring Husband and I moved here.  She and I used to walk together one morning a week, ride one morning a week and then do water aerobics in her plunge pool two or three afternoons each week.

She got her nickname after a dinner party at Mrs Bucket's house.  We all had a lot of wine and beer and she began asking questions about our sexual experiences which all turned into an hilarious and somewhat embarrassing night of uncontrollable laughing and shrieking.

At the end of the night, Adoring Husband, who was probably the most embarrassed of everyone, named her The Sex Therapist.

She and her husband moved to Tasmania about two years ago, not long after our wedding.  We have kept in touch with emails, the occasional phone call and a skype call or two.

In the short time that we knew each other, I grew to value her friendship very much and when she left town, I missed her a lot.

This afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from The Sex Therapist and we chatted for about half an hour.

Her husband has a applied for work in this area, and they may be moving back!  If he is successful, they will be living in The Bay, so our exercise routine won't be recommencing, but we'll be able to do lunch and a movie every so often.  That'll be nice :D

Anyway, it was lovely chatting with her today and catching up on the news.

Tonight, we caught the courtesy bus to the Bowls Club for the first time in a long time.  We were only there for two hours, but it was an enjoyable two hours and the girls were all in fine form.  Lots of laughing and talking.

Things have been quiet on the photo front the last couple of days, but tomorrow morning, I hope to be up before the sun and catch the sunrise out at Serenia Beach while Adoring Husband works.

Which means that I should go climb into bed, or I'll be too tired to get up!  I'll also spend a couple of hours along the river because the crowds should be growing rapidly by morning for Easter Fishing Classic.

I hope there will be a few 'characters' about who will smile for the camera.

At the end of the day, the moon should be rising late afternoon over the river, so that's on my 'to do' list as well.

Nite all.

No comments: