Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finally!!

I'm a winner!  Finally!

I won the flickr group monthly challenge with this photo ...


I can't seem to find anyone who wants to celebrate with me, so I hope somebody out there is as excited as I am :D

Woot!  Woot!

Today I enjoyed a one hour pedicure.  Vegan Chickie and fam gave me a voucher for the pedicure for Christmas and today I finally got to enjoy it.

It was bliss .. well, it was a little bit painful sometimes, like when she was sticking that wooden stick under my toenails to clean them and then when she massaged my calves ... you know those nasty little knots that you get in your muscles sometimes, that only require minuscule pressure to cause intense pain???  Hmm.

No.  Really, it was pretty darn good.  Why is it that when something feels that good, an hour passes in a flash, but when you're at the dentist, an hour feels like three hours??

Afterwards, I met Vegan Chickie and Chicklet outside the spa and then we all walked to the cafe where we met Adoring Husband for coffee.

I had Chicklet on my lap for a long time!  She usually gets restless and wants to be on the move, but she sat with me for about an hour.  It was so nice!

How precious is this??  
We eventually had to make a move, although I could easily have enjoyed Chicklet for another hour, but Psychotic dogs needed to be fed and we had dinner cooking in the slow cooker.  **sigh**

April Photo a Day challenge ...

3. Mail
My Canon lens travel coffee mug!  Got it on ebay.
I've already used it twice and it holds the coffee well ... I'm very fussy with my coffee cups ... mostly I prefer a take-away coffee.  I will almost always ask for a take-away cup when I go to a cafe for coffee.

In some cups, coffee doesn't taste good.  It tastes good in this cup.

Well, after finally winning a challenge, wahoo, I am off to watch some more Greys before bed.

Nite all.

No comments: