Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Early to Bed

Early to Bed
Early to Rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.       Really????   Why????

Just another saying from my childhood that makes little sense to me.  I can understand the 'healthy' part because sleep allows your body to heal itself, and your mind too ... but wealthy and wise??  How?

Anyway, the reason I say this is because I plan on being in bed before 10.30pm.

We are going out tomorrow night and it's the beginning of a big Easter weekend in town.

The Easter Classic Fishing Competition is on and the crowds are already filling the caravan parks and the holiday rental homes.

I think I'll spend a bit more time out and about with my camera.  There should be lots of opportunities for some portrait shots and even action shots with kids catching fish and casting nets and lots of boats in the water.

The river bank is usually lined with people sitting in folding chairs and holding fishing rods and the park is full of happy energy with families having picnics and barbecues.

Kids on bikes and skateboards, dogs on leashes, lots of colourful floating devices with kids jumping and swimming and laughing, building sand castles, splashing each other, pumping for bait, chasing each other over the sand.

It's a happy novelty for the first day or two, but then I start to feel claustrophobic and like my town isn't my own any more.

I was going to list all the things that annoy me about the weekend, but that's a bit too negative, so I'll just say that by Easter Monday, when the tourists start to trickle out of town, I breathe a sigh of relief that things are getting back to normal.

Two shots from today.  The April challenge ...

4. Someone who makes me happy (two for one)
and some random kids I watched playing with their dog in the sand this morning.  Their Mum and sister were sitting nearby watching them play.


That's all for today.  Short and sweet.  I'm yawning as I type and keep looking at those three words ... "early to bed".  I can feel my eyelids closing and I've just remembered that there are fresh sheets on the bed tonight ... and we all know how wonderful it is to slide in between fresh clean crisp sheets :o)

Nite all.

No comments: