Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Healthful and Delicious

I've been checking my diet over the past couple of days to make sure I've been getting enough vitamins and minerals and nutrients to fight this cold off.

It's putting up a good fight to take hold, but it needs to fight harder if it wants to win this one!

Since Thursday morning, (four days) I've had lots of fresh honey and lemon.  I would have taken some good doses of Olive Leaf Extract too, but I've run out and our Pharmacy has been closed all Easter weekend... very inconsiderate I thought!

I've also dosed up on chilli, garlic and onion.  Adoring husband makes a delicious chilli and garlic paste with our abundant chillies from the garden and I use it in everything.

I mix it with the little oil that I use in cooking.  I mix it with every type of dressing that I make for the salads and rice paper wraps, as well as the dipping sauces.  I added it to a favourite lamb and tomato rice dish for the first time the other night and it was delicious!

I dab it on the veggies that I bake in the oven for a bit of zing, and to the gluten free pita wraps that I use for a pizza base on footy nights.

We love our chilli.

The rest of my diet has included green tea, lemon myrtle and macadamia nut yoghurt, avocado, tomato, shallots, carrot, red capsicum, cucumber, pineapple, mushroom, rocket, orange slices, pine nuts, walnuts, pepitas, almonds, cashews, onion, sugar cabbage, wombok cabbage, asparagus (fresh from the garden), eggs (fresh from the chooks), king tiger prawns, mud crab, lamb, lettuce, spinach, artichokes, zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin, potato, watermelon, plums, grapes, apple, rice and a little grated cheese.

My less than healthful food has been 1 take away latte with 2 sugars each day, two rows of dark almond gluten-free chocolate each day, a 175 g packet of plain smiths chips eaten over two days and a couple of gluten free snakes/jelly babies.

Lots of water.  Probably 4 - 6 x 600ml bottles each day.

Oh and freshly blended orange, apple and plum with an equal portion of water = two large glasses.

I should be bouncing off the walls with energy and vitality!!  Not fighting off a stoopid cold/flu/virus!!

To catch up on the April Photo a Day photos...

5. Tiny
6. Lunch
7. Shadow (that's me!)
I think that I will go pop some Vitamin C and make another honey and lemon drink before bed.

Tomorrow, I will be even more healthful and delicious and make myself some chicken and vegetable soup - it cures EVERYTHING!

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

I notice that grass fed beef is not on your list Roz! Ha! Ha! You will have to come and visit so I can cook you up the tastiest steak you will have ever eaten!
Big call eh!