Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Procrastinating .. again!

I had so many things on my 'to do' list for today.

Actually, I had so many things on my 'to do' list for the whole week leading up to today.

But ... I am the champion procrastinator.  It's in my genes.  I passed it on to my children, and as time goes by, they are also becoming champion procrastinators.

Even now, there are things that I could/should be doing, but I am procrastinating by updating this blog so early in the evening.

I leave town tomorrow to start my holidays.

I haven't packed.  I have ironed.  That is all.  I do have a list to check off as I pack.  My suitcase is opened, on the floor, with a few things tossed in there.

I'm very concerned that my suitcase is going to end up very heavy.  After all, I have no idea how long I am going to be gone and the weather is so changeable that I have to pack for both warm and cool weather.

Gotta take all my camera gear and my laptop.

Think I might try to wear my heaviest clothes on the plane.  Jeans, boots and heavy-ish top, with lots of jewellery.  That should give me a bit more than a kilo to play with in my suitcase!

You know, if this is the biggest dilemma that I have to deal with this year, I will be a very lucky lady!

I tried the onion trick beside my bed last night to help cure my cold.

I did wake up with a dryer nose, but who knows if it was the onion that did it!  I'm going to cut a fresh onion tonight and try it for one more night before I leave - just in case.

I didn't take any photos today.

I know.  Difficult to believe :D

My next post will be from my holiday destination - or maybe it will be from the airport in Sydney!  I think I have a few hours to wait for my connecting flight.

So I'm signing off because I cannot procrastinate for a minute longer!  Things to do!  So let's do it!!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking time for your blog with so much to do. Every good wish for a great holiday.
Lots of love, grannymus xx