Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Eventful Day

I did not venture from under my warm snug blankets until 9am today!  I was awake at 6.30am but stayed cosy and toasty for more than two delicious hours.

After a bit of brekky, we made ourselves presentable and drove right across town to a morning tea with BGWLBH's work friends.

There were six of us.  BGWLBH and I drank green tea and we all chatted and laughed and had a bit of bitch session about their difficult teenage children, whinged about some work issues, giggled about our ages, our terrible memories and our reliance on technology to get through the day.

It was really lovely to catch up with the girls.  I only get to do it once a year if I'm lucky.

From there we drove back across town to 'The Sporties' where we met up with Super Sue, who I was acquainted with about 20 years ago, and we have recently found each other again through facebook. A real friendship has developed between us 'on-line'.

She has done it tough over the last few years and my little 104 challenge has brought her out of a dark place.  She tells me she has found some direction in her life and has renewed a love affair with her camera, as well as having met some new friends in the group.

It's a good feeling knowing that something I started has been so inspiring for one person who needed to be inspired.  The right place at the right time.

The other girl who we met at 'The Sporties' was RaRa.  She is actually from Toowoomba and is a part of my flickr group, as well as the 104 group.

She has been on a road trip with her son, that took her south along the coast through Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie and Sydney, then inland to Temora, which is about 90 minutes from here.

They were heading home today and decided to take a slight detour in this direction to catch up, have some lunch and meet the newest member of our 104 group, before heading off home.

So five of us had lunch together and it was very enjoyable.

Ra Ra and I (her son looking on)
Unfortunately, Super Sue left to return to work before we thought about taking a photo!  So many photographers together and we didn't think of taking a photo til it was too late!

I really enjoyed myself and BGWLBH said to me after everyone had left "you know the nicest people", which I thought was lovely.

This afternoon BGWLBH and I went for a walk around the farm and I took a couple of quick snaps.



I'm looking forward to some early morning walks and hopefully some more spectacular sunsets.

We've had a very late evening playing trivia on-line (as we do) and now it's almost 1.30am!!

Must sleep!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just love todays two photos -
especially the grass.....thanks for
both those.....more please.
love grannymus