Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Challenge Photo Updates

March photo a day challenge.

16. Sunglasses
17. Green
18. Corner of your home.
19. Funny
20. Before and After
104 Challenge.

A Snail - Photo 70 of 104
A Landscape - Photo 71 of 104
Today's effort with the new wide angle lens.

Toogoom Tyre at low tide.
I enjoyed morning tea with the girls today and got to meet Mrs Bucket's BFF.  I wasn't sure she actually existed because she always pulled out of planned visits at the last minute, so I teased Mrs Bucket that she had an 'imaginary' friend.

Today, it was proved that she was real, and I liked her a lot!

Adoring Husband and I changed our minds about the movie today and drove into town for lunch and to do some shopping for the garden and for some 'gluten free' food for me.

I am 99.9% certain that I am either gluten intolerant or Coeliac.  I don't visit doctors because I don't trust them, so I am trying a gluten free diet for 6 months to see if it makes a difference to my health.

The good thing about gluten intolerance and Coeliac disease, is that diet will fix both and medication is not required.

So, we will see.  If it doesn't make a difference, then I will re-think my options.

So that's my update for today.  So many challenges and so many photos to take!

Life is good :oD

Nite all.

No comments: