Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lazy Rainy Sunday

What do you do on a lazy rainy Sunday?  Absolutely nothing!

My bedtime wish for a rainy Sunday morning came true and I got to sleep in til 8am.

Upon inspection this morning, Adoring Husband reported that we had 70 ml of rain in the twenty four hour period from 9am yesterday.  It has rained intermittently all day, so it will be interesting to read the rain gauge tomorrow.

Apparently The Bay had it's highest rainfall in a 24 hr period in 30 yrs!  What a rainy year it has been!

Another afternoon of football - I believe that after the third round, I should give footy tipping away.

I created a footy tipping competition on the Wide World of Sports site and invited seven other people to join me.  I am on the bottom of the ladder.  So sad.

I was once so good that I won my work tipping competition three years in a row!

I've lost my footy tipping mojo.

My lazy day was also filled with some more shots of Chicklet that I found from yesterday.  I forgot about the teddy bear shots that I set aside, until Vegan Chickie reminded me.




This is her favourite teddy bear and she looks so cute when she holds him up and makes him dance.

She is at that age where she learns so fast and every week I notice big changes in her.

Anyway, my wish for tomorrow is that the rain clears and I am able to get out on my trike for a little while ... I also need to get some washing done, so a little sunshine for a couple of hours would also be nice.

I'm happy to say that I am on track to be in bed well before 1.30am.

Nite all.

No comments: