Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mini Gallery

I've hung 5 photos on the wall of the local bakery.

There are only three days left of the holidays, so, due to my knack for procrastination, I've kind of missed my opportunity for the September/October holidays.

However, I now have my own mini gallery, in the busiest shop in town!

Oh!  I sold a print of the three Tawny Frogmouths too!!  A lady came to me today and told me she was waiting for the exhibit to finish so that we didn't have to pay commission to the gallery.  I like the way she thinks :)

I also sold a copy of the B&W clock photo, to the man who owns the clock.

That's a pretty successful day come to think of it!

Here are some photos that I worked on today too.





I've had a really nice relaxing day and feel quite rejuvenated for it.

We also received our ordered copy of the last series of the The Big Bang Theory - so we've had a couple of hours watching that.  A good giggle never goes a stray.

That's all for today.

Nite all.

No comments: