Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 36 in a Year of my Life

We took a drive south today for 90 minutes to visit the 'other' granddaughter 'Poppit' whom I met for the very first time.

She is a gentle little soul, perfectly at ease being placed in the arms of whoever her parents choose to pass her to.

It's noticeable, as she is placed in your arms, how she relaxes into your body and at times even rests her head against your cheek or your shoulder.

She has the biggest bluest eyes and a little strawberry birthmark on her left cheek (or right cheek as you look at her).  Thin brown hair, that her Daddy reckons is turning grey and an apetite that apparently is sending them broke.

She takes short 30 minute catnaps during the day and according to both Mum and Dad, she has a very short attention span.

She was a delight to spend time with, and Poppy (aka Adoring Husband) sat down and fed her at the table.  Shredded chicken then pureed peaches and then pureed blueberries.  Milo, the Jack Russell, sat under the table and enjoyed the meal just as much as little Poppit.

After Poppit finished her lunch, we all drove to the local Tavern and had a delicious lunch ourselves, on the deck, overlooking the marina.

Here are a few little happy snaps of Poppy and Poppit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8237770930/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8237758974/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8236692341/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8236692795/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8236693403/in/photostream/

So today, I am grateful that Adoring Husband got to spend some quality time with his little 'Poppit' and that his son and daughter-in-law are so relaxed about sharing her with us.  It was a lovely day and Poppy drove home feeling very proud and happy.

Nite all.


No comments: