Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 37 in a Year of my Life

The temperature is gradually rising here and I don't know if it was the heat or if the holiday has suddenly caught up with me, but this morning at around 11am, I needed to sleep.

Sleep I did, not soundly, due to all the activity in the park, but I dozed on and off for about three hours!

When I finally raised myself from the comfort of my bed, Adoring Husband went for a drive to the fish markets and came home with a huge feed of sand crab, Morton Bay bugs and prawns.

When I woke up, I found a couple of texts from The Nikonian suggesting that storms may develop this afternoon, or perhaps a nice sunset, so we got together at 4pm and drove to a beach at Coolum.

We got coffee and walked down to the beach to take in the sights and enjoy the salt sea air.

There were two other photographers already on the beach.  One on a pregnancy shoot and the other on a romantic couple shoot, which also included the three children at the end.

So we watched them for a while and then grabbed our cameras and began snapping away at all the activity going on down there.

Surfers on the waves, people walking their dogs, a young woman stretching on the rocks, kids skipping stones, reflections in the water, clouds stretching across the sky ... so many things happening ... every time we turned around, we found something new to photograph.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8241714880/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8241715304/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8241715702/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8241716354/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8241716712/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8241717124/in/photostream/lightbox/

Neither the storms or the sunset eventuated, but we were both happy with our shots for the afternoon and went home feeling pretty pleased with ourselves.

What a nice afternoon.

Today I am grateful for the chance to rejuvenate.

Even with the hot weather, the breeze blowing through the windows of our van, was cool enough to allow us to sleep comfortably in the middle of the day and I woke up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

Our holiday continues for a few more days.  I am ready!

Nite all.

No comments: