Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 40 in a Year of my Life

And here it is ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8248677077/in/photostream

We drove it out of the car yard at lunch time today and almost immediately named the female voice on the inbuilt GPS "Genie".

The car feels like it's floating instead of driving and Ah and I are both still swooning over it.

We drove from the car yard to Noosaville to see Chicklet and Vegan Chickie for lunch and then a quick visit to the pirate park, before heading back to the van park, so that AH could figure out how he was going to pack the car in the morning before we drive home.

Yes, the holiday is over.

Time to go home. It will be less than a week before I return, for a couple of days with the family and then a night in Brisbane for a night shoot with the photography group, followed by the Christmas gathering on Sunday.

Today, I am grateful that 'Jimmy the Salesman' came through with the car and put a smile on AH's face and so that we can finally go home.

I'm sure that Aussie H will be grateful that she can return home to her own bed and that her duties are finally over!

Nite all.

No comments: