Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 158 in a Year of my Life

Whatever happened to that 'to-do' list that I was going to make?

Soooo ... it's 10pm and I haven't made my list and I am only half packed.  I leave at 5am tomorrow.  What does this equation do to your stress levels??

I've always said that I do my best work under pressure!

So I'm off to do my best work and I'm going to leave you with the winner of the 2013 Macquarie Photography Prize ...
'Feed Me First' by Chan Kwok Hung
I gasped in awe when I saw it and I aspire to this level of photography!

Today I am grateful to have 5 days of photography fun and Chicklet delight ahead of me, and I thank Adoring Husband for holding down the fort and taking care of our psychotic dogs, and Helen the lovely layer, while all the building and mayhem continues around our house.

Nite all.  

No comments: