Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 155 in a Year of my Life

No sign of the eagle today.

As I was riding home this morning, after my coffee by the river, I stopped at the lagoon and was thrilled to hear the familiar sound of Fairy Wrens ... which I have never heard at the lagoon before!  Usually, I have to ride to the other side of town and down a dirt track to find Fairy Wrens.

So I crept around with my camera trying to spot them.  Twice, I spotted a female, but she hid behind the dried twigs of a dead bush, so I couldn't get a clear shot.

Now that I know they are there, I am going to spend a bit of time at the lagoon for the next few mornings to see what I can come up with.

In the 15-20 minutes that I was there, I saw Fairy Wrens, Willy Wagtail, Sparrows, Water Fowl, Shags, Noisy Friar, Peaceful Dove, Top Notch Pigeon, Two varieties of duck, Grey Egret, White Egret, Ibis, Peewee, Kookaburra, Butcher Bird, bees, 3 varieties of dragonfly and wasps.

The lagoon is full of flowering lilies too.

I quite like this one, but wish I had better focus on the wasp.


I just found this one on Facebook and I like it.


Today I am grateful to be living across the road from a very healthy lagoon and I look forward to adding to the list of living creatures that I discover during Autumn and into Winter.  Just imagine what Spring will bring!!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Reading the sign you quoted from
Facebook means I qualify to be
part of your day, 'cos I love
you. Grannymus x