Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 159 in a Year of my Life

A drama filled morning, with the train 2 hours and 15 minutes late, because power lines were down just south of Bundaberg.

Especially stressful for Adoring Husband because he didn't want to leave me alone at the station without knowing whether the train would turn up or not.. but needing to be at home by 7am to let the painters and plumber into the house.

It all worked out in the end and I arrived at Nambour Station at 10.15am where the Nikonian picked me up and brought me back to her home.

She kindly spent some time teaching me some Photoshop techniques and then we decided to head up to Montville for lunch and to visit 'The Master' at his gallery ...

http://www.naturesimage.com.au/page/86685/

Three hours later, we decided to scrap our photography plans for the afternoon and head home to cook dinner.

The day may have started out pretty stressfully, but has ended on a most enjoyable note and I'm feeling happy and relaxed tonight.

So relaxed, that I'm having an early night in preparation for our big trip to Brisvegas tomorrow.

Sorry, no photos to share today, but watch this space over the next few days!

Today I'm grateful for a safe and very pleasant train trip down south, with extremely friendly and helpful staff on board.  All is forgiven :D

Nite all.

No comments: