Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 154 in a Year of my Life

The highlight of my day ...



I have chased this magnificent bird all around town for two years or more!

This morning I was sitting on a bench seat by the river observing all the holiday makers as they registered for the fishing competition or set themselves up to fish off the bank or launched their boat of the ramp.

Some walked their dogs and others were having a breakfast barbecue in the park.  There were kids walking around with Channel 7 balloons or scooting on their scooters, skating on their boards or chasing each other along the path.

Anyway, while I was observing all of this, I looked up and saw him coming towards me.  I had my camera in my hand and had taken a couple of practise shots earlier to get my exposure right (that's a miracle in itself, because I usually take a few bad shots before I realise that my exposure is all wrong!), so I was ready!

He flew right up to me and really low.  My emotions welled up as he got that close and I could tell that I was getting some good shots.  I was making some strange sounds and talking to the bird as I pressed the shutter ... I'm sure the tourists questioned my sanity!

Needless to say, I have posted them on Flickr and Facebook and have spent the entire day going back and staring at them and reliving the experience.

I am in awe of these birds and today I am grateful for a moment in time when I was so close I could see every feathery detail, the shine on his beak and the light in his eye and a moment that I can relive every time I glance upon these photos.

It's been a special day.

Nite all.

No comments: