Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 153 in a Year of my Life

A quote that appeals to me ...

"I do not care what car you drive.  Where you live.  If you know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone.  If your clothes are this year's cutting edge.  If you are A-list, B-list or never heard of you-list.  If your trust fund is unlimited.  I only care about the words that flutter from your mind.  They are the only thing that you own.  The only thing that I will remember you by.  I will not fall in love with your bones or skin.  I will not fall in love with the places that you have been.  I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind." - Unknown

I found a link to a different blog on facebook today and on it was a list of 'unusual dates'.  Here are my favourites:

  1. Try to visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many of their things upside down in their home as you can, without them noticing.
  2. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that never really happened.
  3. If you live in a capital city, go to the airport and buy the cheapest ticket to the soonest departing flight to anywhere and stay there for the weekend.
  4. Rent a movie you've never seen before, set it on mute and improvise the dialogue together.
  5. Dress to the nines and test drive the most expensive vehicles at dealerships.
 As most of you know, I lost my work studio when the tornado ripped through our town and smashed our house.  So I am currently selecting the decor and furnishings for my new work area.

Here is my newly purchased floor rug and wall mirror ...


... I want colour, colour and more colour!!  Watch this space.

Today I am grateful for the most glorious day yet, since the tornado.  Today was vibrant with colour and sparkling light, with a soft breeze dancing through the leaves and birds branch hopping and singing beautifully.  There are people everywhere for the Easter Fishing Classic and everyone is happy.  Today, the town exuded happiness.

Nite all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Dear RoQQZY
I really, really enjoy your blog and your photos win my admiration
every time - your writing is also
impressive.
I thought the list of unusual dates
wonderful and I have my favourites
in the list. Not saying which :)
grannymus

Age said...

Thank you Grannymus .. I think of you every time I write here. It's nice to know you are there :) xxx