Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 149 in a Year of my Life

The builders arrived unexpectedly this morning at 6.30 to commence our repairs.

Adoring Husband was at work and I was still in my pyjamas!

So tonight we are partially roof-less and the wind is whistling through the empty chasm above us and making all sorts of interesting noises.

Even the dogs are freaking out!

Hopefully, by this weekend, all of this will be behind us and our roof will be fixed and strong, so that we can get back to normal.

Squirt and I had a Deluxe Pedicure today.  It was very pleasant and relaxing.

Then we took some beverages down to the river and watched the sunset...


I also discovered the missing link!


The family will be pleased that we have another piece of the jigsaw puzzle!

Today, I am grateful for Tyler, who served us at 'Loot' in the Bay and was a fabulously friendly, efficient and helpful salesperson and made our visit there most enjoyable!

I have already visited the Loot website and sent an email regarding his excellent service and friendly manner.  Such a nice young man, and now I have some lovely replacement furnishings for my new studio.

Nite all.

No comments: