Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 148 in a Year of my Life

I finally got out this afternoon with the camera.

There wasn't much about, but I did meet a very elderly man, an ex-photographer from the days of film and since his health recently deteriorated, he has taken up photography again.

His last camera before he gave photography away was a Nikon, but he has recently bought himself a DSLR (not Nikon or Cannon and I forget the brand) and he is struggling with digital photography.  He is too frail to do any type of course or workshop, so he is trying to figure out what sort of photography would suit his physical condition.

I suggested macro or portrait photography where the subject would come to him.

Anyway, I took his phone number and email address and have emailed him tonight and sent him a couple of my photos.  I hope he keeps in touch and I hope that we can learn a bit from each other.

Here are a couple of shots from today ...



I might try for some nice portrait shots of Squirt at sunset tomorrow afternoon down at the river.  If Adoring Husband accompanies us, I might even get a few of him as well!

It was nice to see my niece this afternoon, who dropped in to say hello on her way home from Brisbane.  She was accompanied by her friend Dakota, who seemed very nice.

Today, I am grateful that my niece arrived home safe n sound after a gruelling 12 hours (including breaks) on the road.  It's a big trip in one day.

Nite all.

No comments: