Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 251 in a Year of my Life

I don't think I have the stamina to even last out the first set of the Men's Wimbledon final with Djokovic and Murray tonight.  It's being telecast on TV as I write this and it's already taken 34 minutes to play 6 games and they are three games each.  I think it will be a long match .. as finals should be!

I have three photos to share.  One from my morning trike ride ...


One from July Photo a Day ...


... one from this evening's sunset.


I went to the Lions Park with my visiting family.

The kids and The Birdman played touch footy on the beach (like they hadn't already had enough touch footy this weekend lol) and Nellie Noo and I took photos of the sunset from the tip of the Lions Park.

It's been a great five days with Nellie Noo and her family here.  We love having them come to stay.  Low maintenance visitors who are a lot of fun and full of enthusiasm and a terrific zest for life.

I've been on such a 'low' just lately, it's nice to feel a different energy surging through the house, which in turn affects my energy levels in a more positive way.

So thanks for coming guys.  You know you are welcome ANY time .. next time, we'll ALL go go-carting and we photographers will get some amazing shots of you drivers in action!

The psychotic dogs will miss you all ... especially Roxy!

Today, I am grateful to have you as my family.  Please come again :)

Nite all.

No comments: