Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 255 in a Year of my Life

A quick post before bed.

We spent a couple of hours at The Ginger Factory today.  Guess who forgot to take her camera?

I know!!  First of all ... when the hell do I EVER forget my camera????  It's always an anguished decision about whether I should leave it at home!

Being around my Chicklet makes me all fuzzy with love and I just don't think straight.

Therefore ... no photos of our day out.  *sad face*

I made up for it this afternoon and got lots of photos in the lounge room.  I'm only sharing two of them tonight though.



She's growing up so fast isn't she!?  

I didn't do too much to these.  Changed them to black and white in iphoto,  added the circles of light to the top one and a rose glow to the bottom one.  I'll play with them both in photoshop sometime in the future and do a better job, but I quite like how these have turned out.

I can't believe it's almost midnight.  I was falling asleep on the couch while Chicklet climbed on me this afternoon, then I got my second wind and here I am 7 hours later!

Today, I am grateful for family outings that include boats and trains and purchases of fudge!

Nite all.


No comments: