Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 250 in a Year of my Life

I seriously believe that I may have lost count along the way.  I notice that I have doubled up on some of my days in my year!!  Ah well.

Today has been a pretty full day.

I didn't wake up til about 7.30am and there on my bedside table was a take-away coffee from the bakery, that Adoring Husband kindly placed there a little earlier.  It was still hot.  So I lay in bed and checked my emails on my ipad while I drank my coffee.

I thought that Nellie Noo and the fam had already left, because they were supposed to be at the grounds at 8am, but then I heard them leave at 7.45am so they were running late.

It was an easy decision to have a leisurely shower and take my time getting ready to head into town to watch the kids play their games.

On the way to the grounds, we stopped to get some water and a gluten free chocolate mud cake from the Cheesecake Shop.  I later bought some fresh strawberries and double cream to accompany that delicious dessert!

We arrived at the grounds with plenty of time to spare and caught up with Nellie Noo and The Birdman as they made their way to the field where Sporty Spice was to play her second game for the day.

I attached my long lens to the camera and got some shots while she played.





Next up was Chunky's game, and I got a few shots there too.




We left straight after that, to get some groceries for our home made pizza night.

So we all made our own pizzas for dinner (except me, who had dessert only for dinner!) and then there was chocolate mud cake with strawberries and cream for dessert.

Of course we had to work all that food off, so it was time for some fun in the back yard, playing with glow sticks, torches and the camera with some long exposures.






These are just a few of the photos taken over a two hour period.  Such fun!  I think we were all exhausted after that.  Lots of experimenting and a bit of brain storming.

So today, I am grateful that I'm old enough to choose to have dessert for dinner AND to have enthusiastic extended family to help create a fun evening that was even educational for me!

Nite all.

No comments: