Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 249 in a Year of my Life

Before the family left for the big sports carnival this morning, I took a quick couple of snaps of Sporty Spice with her cockatiel and then had a play with the editing ...


The final product turned out much better than I expected and it printed beautifully.  I used it for the July Photo a Day for day 5 ... Love.

Another colourful sunset this afternoon and the misty rain stopped for the occasion!


After the sunset, I dropped the print off to the girl whose photo I took yesterday.  She was so excited, she came bounding to the front door and all three girls told me that they had been looking out for me all day and they had to go out in the morning, but checked the letterbox just in case I'd left it there.

They were all very grateful and thanked me profusely ... along with their grandparents who were very bemused.

It was a nice feeling.

I arrived home just before dark and was in the middle of preparing dinner when the family arrived home from their first day of competition touch footy.  They were very wet and tired.

A nice easy meal of home made hamburgers that everybody put together themselves, a glass or two of vino and then a big bowl of ice cream kept the masses happy!

I ordered a new camera bag today which should arrive next week.  I'm very excited about it.  I got Nellie Noo to unpack her camera bag so that I could pack all of my gear into it and take photos, to show the Nikonian, who is also considering buying one.

Everything fits beautifully with room to spare.

Well, I'm off to catch a bit of Wimbledon action before I head off to bed.

Today I am grateful for fun family giggles that come from a silly sense of humour that only family can truly understand.

Nite all.  

No comments: