Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 248 in a Year of my Life

I pedalled over to the lagoon this afternoon, because the sunset was looking promising.

Once again the cloud banked over at the very last minute and blocked the beautiful colour that was trying desperately to spread across the sky.

There were three young girls playing in the park beside the lagoon and one of them climbed up onto a sign beside the water.

Just as I decided to give up on the sunset, she called out to me "Take my photo!"

So I swivelled the camera around on the tripod and took a quick shot through the almost darkness.  I didn't even change the settings on the camera, so when I looked at the image 'in camera', I could barely see her through the darkness.

Thank goodness for Photoshop!!


These girls obviously weren't afraid of 'stranger danger' because when I asked which house they were in so that I could bring the photo around to them tomorrow, they happily gave me their address lol.

I might even ask them if they want to participate in a photoshoot for me tomorrow, so that I can get some practise doing portrait shots.

I'll see how my day pans out.

Our three psychotic dogs are exhausted from chasing the kids around all day.

The men are exhausted from putting together a big garden swing, that converts to a day bed with flyscreens all around it.

The kids are exhausted from playing football in the back yard for most of the day.

I haven't done much except catch up with all the family news and organize a quick lunch today, so I might even try to catch some Wimbledon tonight.

Today I'm grateful for low maintenance visitors that just seem to fit right in.

Nite all.

No comments: