Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 245 in a Year of my Life

Day One.

Happiness is ...


I confess, I forgot that it was the first of the month and didn't think of taking a photo for the challenge until about 4pm, which kind of limited me with time and location.

Also, my brain doesn't work so well after 2pm, so this will do for now.

I've eaten my Wimbledon tradition of strawberries and cream and am now waiting up for Bernard Tomic's match.

I don't think he'll be playing til about 3am our time, so once again, it's going to be a long night!

Adoring Husband and I drove to the plant nursery in Torbanlea this afternoon.

We got some plants for the hanging baskets in our outdoor area (the others got blown away in the tornado) and we also got male and female kiwi fruit plants.  I've never had kiwi fruit fresh from the plant and I can't wait to see how they taste!  Everything tastes better straight from the plant :)

A friend, 'Phar Lap', (that is also his nickname outside of this blog, because of his big heart) visited us this afternoon and asked me to create a community page in facebook for his remote control boating group.

So I spent the evening doing just that, and when it was all done, I got a private message from a woman, whose husband is also part of this boating group, abusing me because as far as she was concerned SHE was supposed to be in charge of creating the page on facebook.  (she had created the wrong type of page and had been reluctant to to change it, which is why I was asked to do this.)

I apologised and explained how it had come about and promised her that we didn't intend to upset her, but she kept telling me off and eventually said that she refused to upload any more photos or videos for the group and would no longer maintain the account.

My last message told her that I was happy to hand this account over to her, that I had only created it as a favour and that I was a lover not a fighter!  I put a big smiley face there, so that she would know I wasn't feeding off her anger.

So far, she has ignored my final message.

There are many members of the human race who have disappointed me in the last month and I'm feeling just a little disillusioned.  Sometimes people suck!

I think it's time to hibernate for a while.

Today I am grateful for the horrible people in my life ... because they make my lovely friends seem so much lovelier.  I love you all!  You know who you are!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



Sending a grannymus hug xx