Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 243 in a Year of my Life

It's well after midnight and I'm watching Wimbledon.

The Australian, Bernard Tomic, is playing the Frenchman, Richard Gasquet.

They are one set each and five games each.  I think I'm in for a long night!

When this match is over, the Australian, Samantha Stosur plays her match.

Pretty sure I'll be having a nap fairly soon.  Pretty sure it's going to happen without me even knowing it :)

Having sorted through three days worth of photographs, I was disappointed with most of them and really only have this one to share ... and I'm even reluctant to share it.


I think I need some inspiration!

Or I think I need to create some opportunities for myself.

A lady, who is a regular holiday maker here, stopped me today and asked "have you ever done classes?"

I thought she was asking if I'd ever attended photography classes, so I began telling her my education history with photography.

She was giving me a strange look when I realised she was actually asking me if I ever 'conduct' classes here in town!

Then she proceeded to tell me that she had been to my exhibit last year and absolutely loved my photography and that she would love to be my first student, if I ran a class!

Well it's a thought!

She said she'll be back in 11 weeks, so that should be plenty of time to get a class organised.  That made me LOL.

Highly unlikely that I can be organised enough or motivated enough to make this happen, but it's nice to know that somebody out there thinks I'm good enough to do that.

A little later on, I had another slight boost to the ego, when a local lady told me "You really have the WOW factor with your dress sense.  When there is an occasion, I look for you, to see what you're wearing.  I really love your style."

Nobody has ever said that to me before, so I was a bit surprised and bemused.

Today I am grateful, for the times that I'm not feeling on top of my game, and people step forward with interesting questions and statements, to slightly change the ebb and flow of my life and raise my awareness.  So, today, I am more aware that I'm ok.  Really!

Nite all

No comments: