Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 246 in a Year of my Life

I would like to start by first thanking Grannymus for my email hug this morning.  It was a lovely way to start the day.

Second of all, thanks to my friend, The Nikonian, for providing a pretty neat quote today, that eased my anxiety over some questionable exchanges I've had with people recently...


I think Vegan Chickie hit the nail on the head the other day on the phone, when she reminded me that the trauma of the tornado is just beginning to make it's mark on me.

In highly emotional situations, I  tend to stay reasonably strong for everybody else and then when it's all done and dusted and everything is fixed and people are back to normal, that's when I fall apart.

So I think I might be a little emotionally unstable at the moment.  Small things affect me quite badly, and big things knock the wind out of me and when you put them all together in a small period of time, I teeter precariously on the brink of a break down.

Sounds dramatic doesn't it!

Day Two of July Photo a Day ... Shoes


I was disappointed last night, (or should I say this morning) when the last Aussie, Bernard Tomic, was knocked out of Wimbledon.  I sat up til 6am to watch him lose!

At least now, I'll be able to get some more solid sleep, and considering that it's almost midnight, I think I will sign off now and head in the direction of my pillow.

Today, I am grateful for the loving people in my life who are helping me to heal.  Slowly but surely, this too shall pass.

Nite all.

No comments: