Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 334 in a Year of my Life

What a great night we had tonight!

We caught the Burrum River Quest over to Walker's Point, where the Woodgate Bowls Club buses picked all 20 of us up and drove us to the Bowls Club.

We relaxed and chatted over a drink.  A couple of us played the pokies for half an hour and then we all ordered dinner, which was served promptly by friendly, happy staff.

The food was delicious.

We discovered one of our group was celebrating a birthday, so we all sang 'Happy Birthday'. 

A couple of drinks later, we were sitting near the dance floor and a rock and roll band was playing.  The members of the band, all elderly, were having a rocking good time.  We knew most of the songs, so sang along and a couple, all dressed in their dancing garb, got up and let loose on the dance floor.



Some of our group also got up for a dance.  As usual 'Nutbush' was the most popular dance song!



At 8.45pm the buses drove us all back to the boat ramp, where we met Burrum River Quest again, which took us back home.

There was a good old fashioned singalong on the boat and some belly laughs were had by many.

It took a bit longer to get home because the tide was out, so we had to manoeuvre between sandbanks and moored yachts, in the dark.

Who knew that we had such pretty lights lining the shores of our river??  (Excuse the quality of photo - taken on a moving boat and without a tripod)


We made it back safe n sound and were home before 10pm.

A thoroughly enjoyable night and I'd love to do it again!

Despite the weather forecast being for possible storms and strong winds, the weather was calm and perfect.  Not a cloud in the sky on the way home and the water was like glass.  We couldn't have asked for a better night to be on the water.

So a good time was had by all!

Today, I'm grateful for opportunities to do something new and different, with good friends and new friends.

Nite all.

No comments: