Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 337 in a Year of my Life

My 104 photography group in facebook decided they wanted a new list of challenge photos for the month of October.

So here is the list ...

  1. Peace/Piece
  2. Rustic/Old/Broken
  3. Creative Blur
  4. Light & Bokeh
  5. Bikes and Cars
  6. Macro
  7. Clouds
  8. Spring
  9. Obsession
  10. A random stranger - speak to him/her and attach their story
  11. Faces
  12. Negative Space
  13. Rivers/Lakes/Oceans
Each of the 'regular' contributors offered a suggestion, so everyone is involved and I'm even offering a prize to the person who 1. completes the list and 2. is judged as having the best photos.

I might get Adoring Husband to judge it or maybe I will form a panel of judges!  Not sure yet.

I'm quite keen to get started on this.  I hope the others feel equally keen.

Today I'm grateful to have a new photography challenge to obsess over ... I think I have number 9 covered :)

Nite all.

No comments: