Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Is it time to panic yet?

Making a list.  Checking it twice.  Adding to the list.  Crossing out some of the list.  Adding something else to the list.

Re-writing the list neater.

Losing the list.

Finding the list.

Taking two hours to photograph the first thing on the list and running out of time to do the other 6 things that we planned for that two hours.

Checking what we've done so far and crossing that off the list (one thing).

Realising the list is too long.

Wondering how the heck we are going to get through the list, in the very short time available tomorrow.

Thinking that we've got it all under control .. then realising that I haven't even factored in the reception yet - luckily The Nikonian has factored in everything - it's just me who has been way too calm for way too long because I only had half the information stored in the vacuum where my brain should reside.

Packing the camera gear.

Writing another list of the extra things that we have to take tomorrow.

Trying to figure out how to stop the list from running through my head all night, so that I can actually get some sleep.

Wondering how The Nikonian can sleep so silently.  I can't even hear her breathing!  Should give her a kick, just to make sure she is alive!

Thinking .. we are among friends.  It will all work out on the day.  It will be fun.  The bride, groom, friends and family will be very happy with our work and at the end of the day, we will give each other a high five and enjoy a couple of vinos to celebrate.

Wish us luck!

Nite all

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Good luck, but I don't think you will need it. Just enjoy taking the photographs!