Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Fat Lady has Sung!

It's over!

Fifteen hours of wedding photography is over.

Gym membership is a definite must to take on this kind of work.

It's absolutely exhausting!

Imagine how difficult it must be for a sole photographer without any help!

The Nikonian and I make a great team.

We both make up for what the other lacks, we understand each other, we watch out for each other and we cover each other's backs.

Having the Nikonian there, made my job so easy.  She is a wonderful organiser and knows exactly how to pose people in group situations .. especially weddings!

A sneak peek at what today was all about...


I had a fabulous time.

The family were wonderful and loving and welcoming and friendly.

With anything up to fifteen people in the penthouse apartment at a time, it was quite difficult to get all the shots that we planned, however we still managed to get a good deal of photos done in the allotted time frame.

Anyway, I will chat further about it in the coming days.

It's well after midnight and we've been at work for fifteen long, fun, but arduous hours.  Time to regenerate.

Just want to mention .. VERY happy with the outcome of today (so far).

Nite all.

No comments: