Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Exhaustipation

Yeah, I know, no such word as 'exhaustipation', but it describes how I feel.

I was just too tired to even post here last night and was in bed by 8.30pm.  I was awake for two hours between 12.30am and 2.30am, so I probably should have attempted a blog post then, instead of desperately trying to get back to sleep!

We had a 60th birthday party to attend tonight and I even had a short nap on the couch before we left.

I got a late start to the Seat of Knowledge this morning and stopped on the way to see how my Tawnies were faring.

To my surprise, they are out of their nest and sitting in the tree that their Mum used to frequent .. nice and low for me to get a good shot.


The only other thing I did today, was make some home-made muesli for Adoring Husband's breakfast tomorrow .. although I couldn't find my recipe anywhere, so I just had to wing it.  It turned out ok, because AH snacked on a bowl of it when we came home tonight.

We shopped at an Organic Supermarket in Gympie on the way home from the Sunny Coast yesterday and bought all sorts of delicious goodies.   Unfortunately, our supply of nuts and seeds is now somewhat depleted, so we will have to make a trip into The Bay to restock.

I have an appointment to have my 2 yearly eye check on Monday in The Bay, so we'll restock then.   I think I'll need new glasses .. I can feel that my eyesight is weaker now.

Anyway, I'm off to bed .. another early night.  I hope I'll be much more alive and spritely tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: