Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Recovery

I think I'm almost back to normal after 2 weeks away from home.

A couple of days of 'down time' has rejuvenated me, along with some freshly squeezed juice and a big meal of veggies, as well as lots of water and some morning sunshine.

I spent a little time on the wedding photos today and really wanted to share this one that I took of the bride as her make up was being applied.


She looks so radiant and her eyes are sparkling and clear.  I really love this photo of her.

I've decided to spend some time clearing my desk so that I can work on the photos without feeling so cramped and cluttered.

I'm not sure how it happened but it's difficult to see the desk for the mess that I have spread all over it .. a before and after shot is in order I think!

I must also endeavour to keep it clear every day.

I forgot to mention that I won the 'Macro' flickr challenge with this photo ...


... bit of a surprise!

I'm having my eyes tested tomorrow, and my appointment is quite early, so I'd best go get some sleep.

Thinking about The Nikonian whose house was very close to a large bushfire raging in the area.  I hope the danger has passed and everybody is safe.

Nite all.


No comments: