Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Busy Kitchen

I began cooking yesterday at lunch time.

Yesterday, I made Bombay Honey Chicken, Sweet Potato Chips, Jacket Potatoes, Herbed Feta Cheese, and Chilli Feta Cheese.

This morning I made a big batch of Tropical Fruit Smoothie and then I was busy for the first half of today with the girls.

From 2pm I made Tomato Soup, Apple Pie Ice Cream, Chilli Paste (with help from Adoring Husband) and Veggie Soup.

The kitchen is now closed *wipes sweat from brow*.

Adoring Husband is on fluids for the next week or so.

This means fresh juices, fresh fruit smoothies, home made soups and delicious sugar-free ice creams.

The Apple Pie Ice Cream really does taste like apple pie!  (One that you don't have to chew)

Delicious!

The first half of my day was filled with time at the Seat of Knowledge, the usual Tuesday morning tea with the girls and then a lovely lunch at Goody's in Toogoom.

On Friday nights at the Club, the girls and I each contribute $2 and then buy a keno ticket, choosing two numbers each.  A few weeks ago, we won a nice sum of money and decided to use the winnings for a lunch together.

Our original choice of restaurant advised us today, that they are no longer open for lunch, because there aren't enough people around.  We were very disappointed and headed over the road to Goody's, the only other choice in Toogoom.

It was a lovely day and there was a pleasant breeze blowing in the outdoor eating area, so we chose our table and made ourselves comfortable.

The service was warm and friendly too.

The food was average.

Two of us had gluten free Pork Belly with fries and red capsicum chutney.  One of us had Twice Cooked Duck Salad.  One of us had Roast Pumpkin Salad.  One of us had Chicken and Mushroom Pie.

The chicken in the pie was not cooked properly, so it was returned and replaced with Twice Cooked Duck Salad, which apparently was very nice.

My Pork Belly was very dry.

I don't think I will go back in a hurry.

The company was fabulous and I really enjoyed myself.


I dub thee 'Red Velvet' (because she makes the BEST red velvet cupcakes!)
Adoring Husband played golf and then had a busy afternoon helping a friend and then doing a chore for the SES.

So it's been a pretty full day for both of us.

Oh and look what I found this morning!


Warm and fuzzy ... I'm certain that they recognise me!

Nite all.


No comments: