Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sneak Peeks

A rare tropical cyclone hits Somalia - the deadliest in it's history.

Somalia experienced one of the deadliest tropical cyclones in its history. Tropical Cyclone 3A made landfall in north-eastern Somali region of Puntland on November 10–11, 2013. Tropical Cyclone 3A hit the Eyl, Beyla, Dangorayo and Hafun districts along the eastern coast and across to Alula at the tip of the Horn of Africa. Strong winds, heavy rains and flash floods caused more than 100 deaths. Hundreds of homes were destroyed and thousands of livestock killed. According to the International Disaster Database, EM-DAT, this is the deadliest tropical cyclone in Somalia's history.

The typhoon in the Philippines, the most catastrophic of them all, seems to have the spotlight and mainstream news hasn't covered this dreadful disaster in Somalia.

I wonder what is causing these 'deadliest/worst/biggest/strongest in history' tornados, typhoons, cyclones and other disasters, if it's not, as our Prime Minister insists, global warming?

but don't get me started ...

... on a happier note  

I'm excited to be able to share some photos from the wedding that I attended with The Nikonian on the first weekend of November.

These are The Nikonian's edited photos.





I LOVE her work.

These are photos that she has already shared on facebook with the bride and groom, and she gave me permission to share them with you too.

One from mine ..


This is my workspace.  It's too cluttered and I'm struggling to stay focussed on my work, so it needs cleaning ... I think it will be my priority tomorrow morning.


The first photo is how my workspace looked when it was shiny and new.  The second photo is taken 6 months later .. I need to make it look shiny and new again!

There are a lot of nasty storms all over Queensland tonight.  None in this area, thankfully, but I am thinking of our friends down south who are in the paths of some of the storms.  There have been some terrible damaging storms lately, containing mini tornados.  Heart breaking for those affected.

Nite all.






2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

I'm a climate change sceptic Roz, and this coming from someone who is experiencing severe drought on our properties. Natural disasters have been around since the beginning of time and the worst recorded natural disaster of all time was in 1201 in The Eastern Mediterranean. This earthquake killed over 1.1 million people. They are what they are.....natural disasters.
Love, love, the wedding photos! Two very talented ladies working as a team.

Age said...

That is very true Judi, but statistics also show that these disasters are happening much more frequently now - I will try to find the statistics and post them here sometime in the near future.

Thanks for commenting and thanks for the compliments on our photography. We're pretty happy with the results so far.