Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Homeward Bound

Adoring Husband is driving here tomorrow so that we can travel home together.

It has been a long time away from home and quite busy with photography and grandmothering, so I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night, and then spending some quiet time working on the photos from the wedding last weekend.

I'll be back again in two weeks and then again two weeks after that.  I think we'll be in need of a quiet Christmas!

Chicklet and I had a little 'incident' today while we were out and about in the stroller, and her arm got quite badly pinched by a part of the stroller.

I think it was more distressing for me than her, although she did let out a pretty good squeal!  The promise of a cuddle from mama and a bandaid for her 'owie' helped calm her a little til we arrived home.

She's growing up so fast.


While The Nikonian and I were in Coffs Harbour on the weekend and exploring the resort grounds for locations to shoot the 'before' and 'after' ceremony shots, she took a few practise photos with me in frame.

Some of them were taken at just at the right distance to make me look 'acceptable' in my eyes.


... and some of them were dreadful, as were some of the shots that I took of her ... so they will never be shared with anyone and never shared on here!

 It seems that our SEB (the cockatiel) laid seven eggs!  I could only see three between the wood shavings before I left, so I'm surprised that there were seven.  None of them were fertile, so this season, at least, there will be no bubbies.

I must say that I'm relieved!

Seems I'll be having an earlier night than usual tonight!

Nite all.


No comments: