Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Parasauralophus

A morning stroll to the local shopping centre brought with it, the addition of four new dinosaurs to the Chicklet household.

One of them, we had to research, because none of us knew it's name.

PARASAURALOPHUS:

Parasaurolophus is a genus of ornithopod dinosaur that lived in what is now North America during the Late Cretaceous Period, about 76.5–73 million years ago. It was a herbivore that walked both as a biped and a quadruped.

If you google it, you will see a picture.

It was easy to say goodbye to my lovely family this morning, knowing that I would be back in a few days.

Vegan Chickie and Chicklet walked me to The Nikonian's car and Chicklet was in a giggly mood when we said goodbye.  Apparently it didn't take long, after she returned home, to fall asleep in the oddest of places - her makeshift cave, under the dining table!

After a bit of shoe shopping, The Nikonian and I had lunch at Thomas Corner Eatery - Smoked Atlantic Salmon Salad, which was very light and very delicious.

We've spent the afternoon discussing the upcoming wedding shoot and generally being a bit silly.

Now we are in bed for an early night, so that we can head off bright and early in the morning.  

The drive will take about 6 hours.

It's going to be FUN!

So this is yet another short post, because I'm off to sleep.

Nite all. 

No comments: