Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

Well, I hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas, and that you got to spend the day with people you care about.

I spent a lot of time on the phone, face time and Skype today, talking to my loved ones, which was almost as good as having them here!

Adoring Husband and I enjoyed our traditional seafood lunch, with watermelon and rocket salad, and there was enough left over for a snack at dinner tonight.


This morning, we spent a little time with some of my boys down at the Seat of Knowledge.  Sadly, they didn't get to spend Christmas with their families this year, but had invitations to join other families, which is nice.


I was very very spoilt this year.  Adoring Husband went above and beyond and got me everything on my imaginary wish list!

He was so excited about Christmas this morning and when I stirred a little after 5am, he had obviously been waiting for me to wake and he tried earnestly to wake me up properly "Good morning and Merry Christmas Darling" he said "I think Santa has been."

I quite sternly told him that I had no intention of getting up for another 2 hours and that we were not 5yrs old (yes I know, I'm very mean, but I'm not a morning person - especially when I'm woken up before I'm ready to be woken up!)

So I rolled over and went back to sleep until a little before 7am.

As I climbed out of bed, I decided to head straight for the shower because I was feeling like I'd just struggled through a warm Summer night and needed to freshen up.

I walked out to discover AH sitting in the lounge room, waiting expectantly for me to emerge from the bedroom.

"I really NEED to have a shower first." I said.

"Nooooo" he replied "Open presents first!"

"Nooooo" I responded "I HAVE to have a shower first"

He came back with "Noooooooo"

So I sat on the couch.  There were two large gifts under the tree, that had not been there the night before ... obviously the gifts that 'Santa' must have delivered during the night!

He handed me the first very heavy box and I opened it to discover, to my delight, a slow juicer.  Something that I have been wanting for a couple of months, but they are quite expensive, so I thought I might have to wait a while to acquire one.  

That put a rather large smile on my dial!

Then he handed me the next box, bigger, but lighter than the first.

I unwrapped it to discover a white styrofoam box with a lid .. similar to the box that our organic fruit and veg are delivered in.

I asked "Is it a box full of fruit and veg for me to use in my new juicer?"

No.

I opened the lid to find yet another gift wrapped box inside.  I ripped it open to see my dream lens staring back at me.  I have dreamt of owning this lens for almost a year, but again, this is a luxury item that comes at a price, so I certainly wasn't expecting to get one any time soon.

It deserved a 'gasp' and as I hugged AH to thank him, we shared an emotional moment for the less than pleasant year that we have experienced this year.  We felt the love.


I received perfect gifts from my family, each of them were so thoughtfully chosen for me and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. 

So there you have it .. my Christmas in a nutshell.  It went incredibly fast!  There seemed to be something happening all day .. time passed so quickly that it was almost 3pm when we sat down to lunch!

It's been a good day.  I hope it's been as good for all of you too.  Merry Christmas :D

Nite all. 


No comments: