Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Comical

This is the story in our house some nights ...


well, ok, most nights!

So, in light of that, I'm sharing some quotes tonight ...




... watching Rocky Horror Picture Show with Adoring Husband tonight, until I need to sleep.

Tomorrow is Christmas eve.

I always get excited about Christmas Eve, because it's when Vegan Chickie and I watch the movie "Love Actually" together ... wherever we are in the world, we sit down to watch this movie at the same time.

I LOVE that movie!  It was on television last night and it took all of my willpower to NOT watch it and save my viewing for tomorrow!

While I'm watching it, I know that poor Bubbles will be working hard on the busiest day of the year for her shop and feeling stressed to the max ... her first Christmas as Manager.  Good Luck Bubbles!

Number One Son will be at home wondering what we have sent him for Christmas after we spoke briefly on the phone today :)

We were better organised this year for Christmas, than last year.  Some gifts didn't get sent until today and so the recipients won't receive them til after Christmas, but LAST YEAR, we forgot about Christmas altogether and were frantically transferring money into bank accounts on Christmas Eve!

I remember one year when the children were little and I was a single parent, waking up at 5am Christmas morning, and panicking because I'd forgotten to put the presents under the tree before I went to bed.

Luckily I placed them under the tree before the kids woke up ... JUST in the nick of time!

It will be a very quiet Christmas for us and I am really looking forward to it ... although I'm sad to be missing Chicklet's Christmas morning ... I remember how excited she was when she woke up to a party atmosphere for her birthday in February.  Her Christmas is going to be super wonderful!

Enough for now.

Nite all.

No comments: