Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Great Weekend

I have really enjoyed this weekend!

It was fabulous catching up with Jman and Mod Mel.  They are into food - real food and nutrition and all things healthful too, so we had lots in common, aside from photography, and lots to talk about and share.

It's rare to find someone else as 'into' this food deal as I am, and it was so nice to talk in depth about the different and new things that we've been trying, plus sharing recipes and locations where we access organic foods and produce.

They are such a lovely couple and I hope it's not so long between visits this time.

It was great to see Ra Ra again too and admire her work ... more to share on that in another post soon.

We had our JPEG Christmas party this afternoon down at Shelly Beach at Caloundra.

There would have been more than 30 of us there.  It was nice to meet some new members and catch up with some original members - some of whom we only see every year at the Christmas parties.

We had a visitor this year, that had us all running across the sand, cameras in hand!


What a show he put on for us, and what a spectacle we all were, standing in a circle around the rock pool, long lenses in hand and all aimed at the Osprey bathing in the rock pool.

The Nikonian and I left the party earlier than most people.  The ones who were left all headed to the beach, cameras in hand, with hopes of a nice sunset, but from what I understand, the clouds closed in and there was no sunset worthy of being photographed.

Of course, I am secretly pleased and now don't have to feel disappointed that I missed out on something!

It's been a full day, after an early start in Coolum for a photo shoot and ending with a delicious dinner cooked by 'B' ... The Nikonian's other half.  Their hospitality has been wonderful, as always .. I have another memorable weekend through the camera lens, thanks to them.

Now I need to regenerate, so it's sleep time for me.

Tomorrow I'm off to see my Chicklet family for a couple of days!  *happy dance*

Nite all.

No comments: