Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Starting Point

The Nikonian and RaRa inspired me to have a go at editing one of the model photos from the weekend.

They posted a couple of spectacular editing masterpieces on facebook, which I would love to share with you here, but they have gone to bed and I can't get permission for tonight's post.

Instead I'll show you my effort ... which I will use as a starting point and then make comparisons in a year, to see how much I have improved.

From this ...


to this ...


We all have to start somewhere.

The Nikonian and I had a great morning on the farm with our cameras and I'll have some bird shots to share in the coming days.

I've taken so many photos over the last couple of days, it'll take a while to get through them all!

Anyway, after almost two hours wandering around the farm and a few hours with my little Chicklet, my body is protesting ever so slightly and I think I need to turn out the light and fall asleep to the sound of rain on the rooftops.

Nite all.


No comments: