Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

As Requested ..

Chocolate Cupcakes recipe ...

INGREDIENTS:

3 cups of grated zucchini
4 eggs
2 cups hazelnuts
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup of butter, ghee or lard
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 T vanilla extract
1 t baking soda
1/2 t himalayan salt

  1. Preheat oven to 180C
  2. Put muffin sized patty pans in muffin tray or use silicone muffin trays
  3. Grind hazelnuts in food processor or magic bullet until they are super fine or almost butter
  4. Finely grate zucchini (I grated them and then pulsed them in the food processor to get them fine)
  5. Combine ground hazelnuts, zucchini and remaining ingredients in a bowl.  It will be quite runny but that's good - it makes the cupcakes nice and fudgy.  I used a hand beater to mix it together
  6. Pour into cupcake papers and bake for 30 minutes
  7. Let cool completely and then serve with berries and whipped cream
They are moist and fudgy and Adoring Husband can't get enough of them!



I also made a carrot cake today from Monica Topliss's cookbook.  I can show you the photo, but I can't give you any indication of what it tastes like, because it's my contribution to a barbecue this afternoon.  I'll let you know if it's well received in tomorrow's post.


Time to go.

Nite all.

No comments: